Categories: Letters to the Editor, Opinion Having attended the latest town of Glenville Board meeting and listening to the residents of Touareuna Road voice concerns about the closing of part of their road, I have to speak up.Closing any road in the town is a hard decision, but it seems like money is the big obstacle here to repair or resurface this road.If the town of Glenville can spend huge dollars on sidewalks to nowhere in Mayfair, they can find the money for Touareuna Road.Bernard WitkowskiScotiaMore from The Daily Gazette:EDITORIAL: Beware of voter intimidationEDITORIAL: Thruway tax unfair to working motoristsFoss: Should main downtown branch of the Schenectady County Public Library reopen?EDITORIAL: Find a way to get family members into nursing homesSchenectady teens accused of Scotia auto theft, chase; Ended in Clifton Park crash, Saratoga Sheriff…
According to the BKPM, between February and March 23 demands for licenses to import and distribute health equipment filed with the Health Ministry topped the list with 1,482 requests, followed by health equipment distribution certificates with 1,255 requests and health equipment production certificates with 877 requests.“The BKPM is easing distribution and import licensing processes for health equipment, raw materials and other necessities required to curb the spread of COVID-19. The Health Ministry and the BKPM are committed to prioritizing [licenses] necessary to mitigate the virus,” he said.Previously, a plan to import some 500,000 COVID-19 rapid testing kits by state-owned diversified manufacturer PT Rajawali Nusantara Indonesia (RNI) from China reportedly faced hurdles because of slow licensing at the Health Ministry.State-Owned Enterprises Ministry spokesman Arya Sinulingga said on March 18 that the RNI had submitted the import request on March 10, but the company still awaited a response.Arya later said that a number of COVID-19 rapid testing kits were to be shipped to Indonesia starting March 19 and that the RNI would handle the distribution of the testing kits to COVID-19 referral hospitals.Indonesia had confirmed at least 514 positive COVID-19 cases and 48 fatalities as of Sunday. (mpr)Topics : The Health Ministry ranks second among all ministries currently processing license requests since the COVID-19 pandemic triggered soaring demand for health equipment in Indonesia, according to the Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM).Requests to import, produce and distribute health equipment filed to the ministry have spiked since February as the country grapples to contain the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus, BKPM chairman Bahlil Lahadalia said during an online broadcast of the inauguration ceremony of the agency’s command center.“When COVID-19 entered Indonesia, [requests for licenses] from the Health Ministry jumped to second place, just below the Trade Ministry, from sixth place,” Bahlil said on Monday.
Also elected were Candoni Vice Mayor Loriemae Joy Gargar as vicepresident; Himamaylan City Councilor Anna Bernadette Gatuslao as secretary;Himamaylan City Councilor Janet Villafranca as treasurer; Kabankalan City Councilor Jeorgelyn Largado as auditor;Escalante City Councilor Virgie Pastor as public relations officer; 1stDistrict Board Member Araceli Somosa, Escalante City Councilor RosarioManguilimotan, Cadiz City Vice Mayor Lilia Decolongon, Victorias City CouncilorTeresita Bartolome, Talisay City Councilor Rosalinda Tuvilla, ValladolidCouncilor Armela Mailim, Bago City Councilor Marina Javellana-Yao, LaCastellana Councilor Leah Rose Lim, Himamaylan City Councilor Julie AnnVasquez, Sipalay City Councilor Ellaine Pearl Garinganao, and Kabankalan CityCouncilor Helen Zafra were chosen as the directors. In line with the Women’s Month celebration this March, the eventhighlighted the role of female lawmakers in their respective local councils. According to Board Member Juvy Pepello, provincial president of theAssociation of Barangay Captains and ex-officio member of the Provincial Board,the event on March 5 was done to make sure that the voices of women lawmakersare not to be simply overlooked or ignored. Rather, it is to be heard,especially on issues that concern their rights and welfare. For her part, Iloilo Vice Governor Christine Garin – guest speaker ofthe event – said that the all- women organization pushes for policies andprograms the members think can redound to the benefit of the country and itspeople. In his message, Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson said no less than thefundamental law of the land recognizes the role of women in nation-building. Hevowed to ensure the fundamental equality before the law of women and men. FOUR-L aims to legislate measures for the welfare of women, children,and family; promote women’s rights; support legislative and executive measuresfor the welfare of women; and assist in government programs and policies thatenhance the role of women in society. “You are in a unique position to craft relevant legislation, not justfor women and children but for the entire nation. You are also in a capacity toinspire other women to pursue public service,” he added. “It is very meaningful for us, for women’s participation and genderbalance in leadership, policy and decision-making, and more importantly, theinclusion of women’s concerns. Together, let’s break boundaries, breakstereotypes, and make change happen,” said Pepello, who was elected as thepresident of FOUR-L Negros Occidental Chapter during the assembly held at theCapitol Social Hall here. BACOLOD City – The women legislators from various cities and municipalcouncils in Negros Occidental have banded together during the provincialassembly of the Lady Local Legislators League (FOUR-L) here. It also seeks to engage in activities that support the causes ofpersons who protect and promote women’s rights; to help strengthen or fosternational unity through peaceful means; and to defend and to support theConstitution and the laws promulgated by the duly constituted government andauthorities of the country.(With a reportfrom PNA/PN) Women legislators from various cities and municipal councils in Negros Occidental gather during the provincial assembly of Lady Local Legislators League at the Capitol Social Hall, Bacolod City on March 5. They vowed to make sure that women’s voices are heard and not simply overlooked or ignored, especially on issues involving their rights and welfare. PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT OF NEGROS OCCIDENTAL
Ford Expedition In-Depth ReviewNew Ford Focus Debuts, But America Will Have to WaitFord Mustang Tests, Reviews, Specs, Pricing, and MoreFord’s decision makes Fiat Chrysler’s move in 2016 to ax two of its sedansappear tame. At the time, FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne defended the move to investors as a quick way to increase production of more profitable Jeeps and Ram pickups. Crossovers and SUVs have quickly come to represent more than half of the total industry’s U.S. sales, while sedans and small cars have been sinking. Now, with fewer cars on the market, it appears they will sink more. “The traditional sedan that serves all these buyers will evolve into something else,” Deep told C/D. “It doesn’t mean that you’re abandoning that buyer.” 0 In its first-quarter statement on Wednesday, the company said it will sell only two car models for the U.S. market within the “next few years” and that it will “not invest in next generations of traditional Ford sedans for North America.” In a separate post on Medium, Ford’s president of global markets Jim Farley said Ford’s trucks and SUVs will soon become 86 percent of the company’s U.S. volume. In its statement, Ford said it will rely solely on a two-car lineup, the new Focus Active—a raised, body-cladded version of its all-new Focus hatchback (a crossover, in other words)—and the Mustang. The all-new 2019 Focus will drop its sedan variant (and most likely the regular five-door hatch) when the Wayne, Michigan, plant stops production of the current generation and makes room for the Ranger pickup next year. Until hybrid versions of the Mustang, F-150, and more crossovers debut, the Fusion Energi will be Ford’s only plug-in until its dedicated “performance utility” EV arrives in 2020. The future of Ford’s premier performance hatch, the Focus RS, is still under consideration. Since Ford recently refreshed its Fusion sedan for the second time, that car will stick around the longest—at least for the next couple of years, according to company spokesman Said Deep. The Taurus, which still sits on the same Volvo-based platform as the current Explorer, will cease production by March 2019. The subcompact Fiesta sedan and hatch will die in May 2019. The C-Max, Ford’s only dedicated hybrid in the U.S. market, will disappear this May. The plug-in C-Max Energi was dropped last year. Ford said it will explore “white space” vehicle designs that are essentially crossovers or faux-utility vehicles that disguise their traditional car shapes with higher ground clearance, body cladding, and all-wheel drive. Detroit, Mi. — (From Car & Driver Magazine) In an unprecedented move that may reshape the entire auto industry, Fordwill stop building all sedans and hatchbacks and shift production to crossovers and trucks. It is, by far, the company’s most dramatic production change in its 115-year history since Henry Ford adopted the assembly line.
The GTBank Masters Cup is an annual football competition for first generation and private secondary schools in Lagos.Commenting on today’s finals, the MD/CEO of Guaranty Trust Bank plc, Segun Agbaje, the MD/CEO of Guaranty Trust Bank plc, said â€œWe are proud to lead this initiative that provides an avenue for students to showcase their talents and passion for the game of football even as they remain committed to their academics.â€Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The 2017 edition of the GTBank Masters Cup will reach its climax today at the Onikan Stadium, Lagos, as Queens Queens College, Yaba takes on Ansar-Ud-Deen Girls High School, Itire in a repeat of the 2014 finals.In the male category, two-time winners of the competition, Anwar-Ul-Islam College, Agege will face arch-rivals St. Finbarrâ€™s College, Akoka.
Miami-Dade Public Schools Superintendent Alberto M. Carvalho, School Board Members, Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez, and mayors and police chiefs from Miami-Dade’s municipalities hosted the third Joint Roundtable on Youth Safety on Monday, October 29, at the Miami Senior High School.Since the first roundtable on January 2013, four working groups – In-School Youth Safety, Out -of-School Youth Safety, Youth Services and Community Education and Empowerment – have worked tirelessly to leverage the district’s collective resources, encourage and increase community engagement, and improve safety protocols for the district’s public spaces in order to create an envelope of safety around children.The second roundtable held in March 2013 allowed mayors and police chiefs to review short- and long-term recommendations by the working groups and discuss how to best implement them throughout communities. The focus of this third roundtable was to provide an update of the work and develop a joint legislative request for full funding by the Florida Legislature for the requirement of a police officer at every public school and discuss possible statutory changes to SB 7026.
Share Share StumbleUpon Belgian Pro League live betting streaming deal for Stats Perform August 21, 2020 Submit Related Articles Brazil appoints agencies to accelerate Sports Betting launch August 21, 2020 IMG Arena nets major media extension with Brazil’s Liga Nacional de Basquete August 19, 2020 188BET advances its South American profile, confirming that it has become a ‘digital partner’ of Brazilian Serie A football side Clube Atlético Mineiro.Issuing a statement on its website, the Belo Horizonte football club has communicated that it has agreed on a ‘commission-based partnership’ referring customers to the online bookmaker.Atlético Mineiro further details that the 188BET brand will hold no match day presence or sponsorship profile, as the partnership will be maintained on a digital basis.At present, Brazilian sports clubs have approached bookmaker partnerships with caution, as national stakeholders wait for further clarity on the mandate of the Senate approved Bill MP-846, which has drafted ‘initial provisions’ for a regulated sports betting framework (yet to be finalised).Brazilian news sources report that Atlético Mineiro becomes the eighth Brasileirao Serie A football club to form a betting partnership/sponsorship since the start of 2019.To date, Brazilian football has seen tie-ups between CasadeApostas.com and Santos, Botafogo, Cruzeiro and Bahia, whilst European operator NetBet has partnered with Fortaleza and Vasco de Gama.This May, Sao Paulo ‘Big 4’ football club Corinthians announced that MarjoSports would be featured as its new shirt sleeve sponsor.188BET communicates its first significant marketing update, since announcing its departure from the UK and Irish online betting markets during Q1 trading.The online shut down its UK & IRE operations stating that it had undertaken a ‘commercial decision operating in a very competitive marketplace’.
Wilkin Castillo has been everywhere, man, in his pursuit of another shot at the major leagues. Behold the list of his home cities over the past 10 years: Louisville, Escogido, Gwinnett, Colorado Springs, Torreon, Tijuana, Reynosa, Indianapolis, Buffalo, Manchester, Moosic, Trenton, Central Islip, New Orleans. Don’t forget that one spring in Glendale, either.Saturday, he was in Philadelphia, looking as though he never left the Show. “You love seeing those guys get opportunities, because you know the road they’ve been on,” Mattingly said, per MLB.com. “Even though you haven’t been there every step of the way, you know it’s been a road that’s a lot of bus trips, a lot of spring trainings, a lot of work. He’s just put in a ton of work to get back.”Castillo struck a blow for all the guys in affiliated and independent ball who are grinding away to get just one more start, just one more at-bat, just one more opportunity to be a full-time big leaguer. The tread on his tires is wearing thin at age 35, but he’s still rolling along. Regardless of what happens to Castillo when Alfaro is ready to return — Castillo is sharing catching duties with fellow journeyman Bryan Holaday — the fact is became a major leaguer again. He can carry that accomplishment with him wherever he goes next. The Marlins called up Castillo from Triple-A New Orleans on Friday to replace injured catcher Jorge Alfaro (concussion). He went right to work, starting behind the plate and batting eighth. In his third at-bat, he drilled a two-run double that proved to be the game-winning hit.His last hit in the majors before Saturday came almost 10 years ago to the day: June 20, 2009, for the Reds vs. the White Sox.He called his sequel “indescribable.”MORE: Watch ‘ChangeUp,’ a new MLB live whiparound show on DAZN “It’s a lot of effort, just playing winter ball in the Dominican league, the Mexican League, the minor leagues for 10 years,” the Dominican Republic native told reporters through an interpreter (per MLB.com). “So just being up here and see things happening, I thank God, and I thank the Marlins for giving me the opportunity to be here at the major league level.”Marlins manager Don Mattingly never experienced such difficulties during his 14-year career, but he still appreciates Castillo’s determination.
Saturday, June 11, Santa Anita UnCorked returns to The Great Race Place for the ninth straight year! Excellent wines, fine tastings from local eateries, an art show and silent auction all offer the perfect accoutrement to a day of live Thoroughbred racing this Belmont Stakes Day!Proceeds from the event will directly benefit CARMA, a non-profit, charitable aftercare program for off-the-track Thoroughbreds and many other local charities!Over 60 wineries have generously donated their unique creations, including Phantom Rivers, Pedroncelli, Manifesto, Chalk Hill, Smoke Tree, Wild Horse, Chateu Petit Freylon, Gerard Bertrand, Cape Mantelle, plus many, many more.UnCorked, a Wine of the Month Club sponsored event, will also feature food from more than 20 of the finest local restaurants and will include offerings from Bella Sera Trattoria, Sow House, Bourbon Steak, Red, White and Bluzz, Il Fornaio, StoneFire Grill, The Derby, Spaghetti Eddie’s, Café Mundial and others.Your $65 ticket will include parking, entrance into the UnCorked experience as well as Club House admission and seating, a daily racing program, wine tastings, cuisine sampling, access to the fine art exhibit and silent auction plus, a souvenir wine glass to take home!Visit http://www.santaanita.com/events/santa-anita-uncorked/ to purchase your UnCorked Ticket and for complete information regarding all Santa Anita Park events this spring!