Stand tall, stand proud #UgRugbyCranes We wish you the very best cc. @ugrugbyfans #UGVsNami pic.twitter.com/SXE71tvDqO— UG_E_Awards (@UG_E_AWARDS) July 2, 2016*********FRIDAYSsebuliba is handed man of the match gong by URU boss Andrew Owor last year after he terrorised Mauritius in the Rugby Afrique Tier 1B tournament in Kampala. PHOTO Ugrugby FanzoneUganda vs NamibiaWinger Lawrence Ssebuliba makes a surprise return from injury to face Namibia in the Africa Rugby Tier 1A tie on Saturday.A very powerful and pacy winger, Ssebuliba has been on the sidelines for a while now; he last played in the league, missing out on the Elgon Cup game against Kenya in June.The athletic winger was outstanding for the rugby Cranes last year when Uganda was promoted to Tier 1A having come on top in the 1B tournament that was played in Kampala.Uganda walloped favourites Ivory Coast in the opening game before going on to beat Mauritius and Botswana to be crowned champs. Ssebuliba was man of the match in the Mauritius game.Another notable addition is Marvin Odong as eighthman. The lanky forward has been missing on the team for a while now; he also missed the Tier 1B tournament last year due to injury, and also the Elgon Cup. Unlike Ssebuliba however, Marvin made the South Africa camp two weeks ago.Team:Asuman Mugerwa 2. Wathum Cyrus 3. Odong Brian (Captain) 4. Charles Uhuru 5. Byron Oketayot 6. Ronald Musajja 7. Pius Ogena 8. Marvin Odong 9.Davis Kyewalabye 10. Cris Lubanga 11. Lawrence Sebuliba 12. Gerald Ssewankambo 13. Micheal Wokorach (Vice Captain) 14. James Odong 15. Phillip WokorachSubsEric Kasiita 17. Collins Kimbowa 18. Saul Kivumbi 19. John Wandicho 20. Brian Asaba 21. Kevin Makmot 22. Oscar Kalyango 23. Joseph AredoShare on: WhatsApp FULL TIME: Uganda 31 Namibia 40The Uganda versus Namibia Africa Rugby Tier 1A game LIVE UPDATES. Those who can’t be with us in person, can still be part of us electronically via this live stream link…. https://t.co/JQwPiYVUNH— UgRugbyFanzone (@ugrugbyfans) July 2, 2016
Liverpool, United Kingdom | AFP | Jurgen Klopp has called on Liverpool to produce “something special” when they face Napoli in a do-or-die Champions League showdown on Tuesday.Klopp’s side must beat Napoli at Anfield to stand any chance of progressing from their group into the knockout stages.A 1-0 victory or any two-goal win will see the Reds through.Liverpool have a long history of success on big European nights on their own ground, dating all the way back to the memorable European Cup quarter-final win over Saint-Etienne in 1977 that kick-started their continental reign.That gives Klopp hope as he prepares to face a major test against Napoli, who are second in Serie A and unbeaten in Champions League Group C, having defeated Liverpool 1-0 when they met in Italy in October.The Italian side have continued to look strong despite losing manager Maurizio Sarri to Chelsea in July, with Carlo Ancelotti taking over and Klopp knows Liverpool will have to produce one of their most dominant displays to advance.“We really need to make sure we are ready for Napoli. It’s difficult to come in after a successful coach such as Sarri and make changes but they are so good,” Klopp told reporters on Monday.“We know the result we need, and it’s difficult because Napoli are dangerous on the counter attack and good defending.“They are a typical Italian team. But if something special is possible, then it’s here, and we will try that.”Liverpool go into Tuesday’s match in good spirits, having gone top of the Premier League on Saturday when they won 4-0 at Bournemouth and previous leaders Manchester City lost 2-0 at Chelsea.Klopp, however, is certain that his players will not get carried away, either in the Premier League or in Europe, given the defeats they have suffered in their group this season.– Confident –“We will not get carried away. We know how difficult it is,” he said. “We are not the most experienced side but we know our way and which way we will go all the time.“The league is not important at the moment because tomorrow we play Napoli. We were confident before the away games in Napoli and Belgrade, and that didn’t help.”Klopp, meanwhile, has commended former Liverpool player Raheem Sterling for the way he dealt with alleged racist abuse directed towards him while playing for Manchester City at Chelsea on Saturday.Chelsea and the Metropolitan Police are investigating the allegations after a video was posted on social media that showed the England winger being shouted at by Chelsea fans as he collected the ball behind the goal.On Sunday, Sterling published a post on Instagram saying that British newspapers are helping to “fuel racism” because of the way they portray young black footballers.He also wrote in the post that he “had to laugh” when he heard the alleged racist remarks during the game because he expects “no better”.“I watched the game and I think I saw the situation when he went for the corner and I saw a few guys shouting,” he said.“I didn’t hear, I’m not sure if it was possible to hear what they shouted, but I already thought his reaction was just brilliant.“You saw his face. He gave the right response, not to react for these people.“They don’t deserve any reaction, they don’t deserve any respect.“I am obviously not surprised that things like this still happen but I like the fact that we put the finger on it and say: ‘You cannot say what you want, it is not possible.’”Share on: WhatsApp
It’s a sport that once thrived in the Heritage City.But recent news that the Savoy Lanes is closing operations appears to be the end of the line of bowling in Nelson.“The Bowling Alley has not been able to make their financial commitments due to low usage,” said Kootenay Christian Fellowship Pastor Jim Reimer.“Cleerly Hand Made the present operators of the bowling alley, are having to terminate their lease with us as of April 30.”Reimer is Pastor of the Kootenay Christian Fellowship, owners of the building that houses Savoy Lanes.The church, which also operates Our Daily Bread and SHARE Nelson, purchased the building in 2012. The current location of the bowling alley at 500 Kootenay Street was built in the 1980s when the former facility on 500 Block of Vernon Street was gutted by fire.The fire ripped through the lanes in 1982.The new Savoy Lanes picked up where the old facility left off, but interest has dwindled over the past decade.In June of 2013, when it appeared the bowling alley would be lost, Nelson Sports Council stepped up to the plate to save the sport with the purchase of the Savoy Bowling Lanes.However, the Nelson Sports Council ended its ownership of the Savoy Lanes April 1, 2015 citing lack of interest as the reason for the failed venture.Cleerly Hand Made picked up the business from the Nelson Sports Council.However, that venture now appears to have ended.“We have tried to accommodate and support three separate operators of the Bowling alley since we purchased this building,” Reimer explained.“Since we own the equipment, we are offering it to anyone free of charge to anyone who would like to start up a new bowling alley in a different location.”
Preview Full Schedule Roster Next Game: Drake sophomore goalkeeper Kelsie Stone (Hoffman Estates, Ill.) recorded her second shutout of the season. Stone tallied two saves. Junior Cassie Rohan (Palatine, Ill.) and Walls led the Bulldogs with three shots while Lyjak finished with two. In its first overtime contest of 2018, Drake (4-7-0, 1-0-0 MVC) earned a critical three points to start MVC play with Lyjak’s first goal of the season and third of her career. The goal came after freshman Alison Walls (Kansas City, Mo.) had her shot blocked but got the ball back and passed it sideways to Lyjak who was able to hold off her defender and send her shot high past Valparaiso (3-5-1, 0-1-0 MVC) goalkeeper, Kezia Gesell from 15 yards out. PDF Box Score VALPARAISO, Ind. – Junior Shelley Lyjak (Bartlett, Ill.) scored a golden goal in the 97th minute for the Drake University women’s soccer team Sunday, Sept. 23 in a 1-0 road win at Valparaiso in the Missouri Valley Conference opener for both teams. Illinois State 9/29/2018 – 7 PM Story Links “This is a great way to start MVC play,” said head coach Lindsey Horner. “The first half was back-and-forth, but we really started to put Valpo under pressure in the second half when we did a better job of winning first and second balls in midfield. We lacked a bit of composure in and around the box to start the second half, but gained confidence that we carried into overtime. Both Ali and Shelley worked to unbalance their defenders, and we need more of that moving forward. Across the board our individual defending was much better, so we are pleased to earn the shutout. This was our first game at Valparaiso and I have to say the energy from our bench was so impactful that it didn’t feel like a road game. We will need the same effort and energy on Saturday against a very good Illinois State side.” Live Stats Following Sunday’s game, Drake returns home Sept. 29 to host Illinois State. Kickoff at the Cownie Soccer Complex is slated for 7 p.m. Print Friendly Version
Click on the video above to watch Donegal TV’s preview of the Donegal Marathon which takes place in Donegal next month for the first time since 1983.The voice of sport in Donegal – Charlie Collins discusses with Dessie Larkin the importance of the upcoming marathon economically for Donegal and their hopes of sustaining the event. Larkin believes the marathon has the potential to become one which will attract top class elite athletes to participate in.They’re two options available to athletes taking part, participants will have the option to run either a half marathon or a full marathon.If you’re participating in the marathon next month, or you’re thinking about doing it then click on the video above and watch the preview. DDTV: PREVIEW OF THE DONEGAL MARATHON WHICH TAKES PLACE NEXT MONTH was last modified: July 16th, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DDTVDONEGAL MARATHONnewsSport
One tribal insurgent was killed and two seriously wounded during a gun battle on October 14 night between two factions of the proscribed Zeliagrong United Front in Noney district in Manipur, police sources said. The body of the slain cadre, identified as A. Pungmei, was brought to hospital for post-mortem. The two injured insurgents were identified as Santosh and Thomas from the same district.Armed cadres of the two factions, who were on a foot patrol in the mountain roads, had a chance encounter near Leishok village in Noney district. Tribal villagers said that the gun battle lasted for several minutes.District police and paramilitary forces rushed to the area where the encounter took place. However, none could be rounded up. Police said that there had been some fatal armed encounters between the two factions in the past.
The Gujarat Police apprehended 17 foreign sailors and seized their boat off the coast of Junagadh on Sunday.Of the 17 sailors, 14 were Somalis and the others were Yemenis. The Somalis were suspected to be pirates who had seemingly taken the Yemeni sailors hostage.The arrest came after the villagers of Unna taluk informed the police.The sailors had apparently lost their way in the sea after fuel of their boat was exhausted. They were taken to a government hospital for primary medical treatment and were later taken to the police station for questioning. An interpreter was helping the police question the sailors.The Gujarat Police also informed the Coast Guard and other intelligence agencies, who might question the apprehended sailors. Nothing incriminating was found from the sailors, the police said.Junagadh SP said the detained men claimed that they were fishermen and had started on May 10. They lost their way after their boat’s engine failed, the SP added.For more news on India, click here.For more news on Business, click here.For more news on Movies, click here.For more news on Sports, click here.
The Canadian PressThe federal government needs to appoint a special representative to hear from Indigenous women coerced into being sterilized to learn what justice would look like for the survivors, says Amnesty International Canada.The human-rights organization, which plans to take the issue to the United Nations Committee Against Torture this month, insists there must be action from the federal government, the provinces and territories, and medical regulators.Many people are familiar with historic cases of coerced or forced sterilizations of Indigenous women in Canada, but Amnesty’s gender-rights campaigner, Jacqueline Hansen, said people are shocked to learn it’s still occurring.APTN Investigates reported on the issue in an award-winning episode in 2017.“It just shouldn’t be happening and those who have experienced this need to see justice,” Hansen said in an interview Monday.The issue of forced sterilization of Indigenous women has been on Amnesty International’s radar for some time, she added, pointing to a large body of work regarding the practice in Peru and the Americas.But she called it “deplorable” that reports indicate it is still happening in Canada, especially when the country has committed to reconciling its relationship with Indigenous Peoples.Coerced sterilization was raised at the UN in May when Canada’s entire human-rights record was up for review, Hansen said, noting she hopes the committee against torture will ensure Canada is accountable and compliant with international human rights obligations.Systemic bias against Indigenous women in policing is well-established and known, she added, and it also exists in the provision of health services to Indigenous people.Sen. Yvonne Boyer said Monday she welcomes Amnesty’s call for an outsider to examine the practice and collect data on its prevalence. She said she’s heard from Indigenous women in different parts of Canada who have suffered it.In 2017, Boyer produced a report with Metis physician and researcher Dr. Judith Bartlett detailing how Indigenous women were coerced into tubal ligations – the severing, burning or tying of the Fallopian tubes that carry eggs from the ovaries to the uterus – after childbirth in the Saskatoon Health Region.A class-action suit was launched the same year and about 60 women have joined it.“There’s lot of research that needs to be done,” Boyer said. “The report that Dr. Bartlett and I did was just a mere glimpse into the problem.”Boyer also said the special representative should be Indigenous and that the issue must be examined with an Indigenous framework.NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh said Monday on Twitter that the sterilization of Indigenous women is a grave rights violation and he demanded the federal government immediately end what he called a dehumanizing and harmful practice in all corners of the country.In an interview last week, Indigenous Services Minister Jane Philpott said Canada must ensure the practice stops through policies, education and awareness-raising.“The issue of forced sterilization of vulnerable people, including Indigenous women, is a very serious violation of human rights,” she told The Canadian Press.In response to Philpott’s remarks, Hansen stressed the importance of accountability – making sure medical and child-welfare workers who bully unwilling women into life-changing surgeries are held responsible.“Yes, awareness-raising is important,” Hansen said. “Yes, policies are important. But there also is a piece around accountability … We want to make sure this just doesn’t happen again and for that to happen, there’s a number of jurisdictions that are involved.”